Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Abigail's Pilgrimage (Aug 27 09)


My daughter, Ma. Abigail, writes:

Nakabalik na ako from my piligrimage to Santiago de Compostela. I walked 100+ kms in 5 days from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela (camino frances). Siyempre hindi whole day yung lakad para hindi maubusan ng beds sa hostels na para sa peregrinos. I have now a certificate which they grant once you have finished the pilgrimage. Plus, they mention the statistics during the pilgrim's mass everyday at noontime. I was the only Filipino who finished it on that day. The following day's mass na nga lang nasabi dahil dumating ako sa Santiago halos 11AM plus the queue for the registration took almost an hour. Na-mention pa ulit yung Philippines during the homily dahil sinabi nung priest na yung camino ay nag-u-unite ng tao not only in Europe. Although I started the piligrimage alone, I was never really alone. The first 3 days, I was walking with someone from Almeria and the last 2 days with 2 people from Zaragoza who have made the pilgrimage 2 times before and are well-prepared for the voyage. I'm quite content about the whole experience. It is not easy. I have seen at least one girl cry because she cannot finish the pilgrimage due to a problem with her knees. Anyway, I just wanted to inform you that I'm back in Granada.

Well, that's my girl! Always so gutsy. Congratulations, anak!

No comments: